Communications Manager EMEA - (Maternity Cover)
London, United Kingdom
Communications Manager EMEA (Maternity Cover)
The Christie’s EMEA Communications Manager creates, implements and oversees communications campaigns to effectively promote departments and senior specialists within Christie’s EMEA. The successful candidate will have strong media relations skills, be an excellent crafter of pitches and announcements, creative and able to deal with a fast paced and high pressure environment.
The successful candidate will be a collaborative individual who enjoys working in conjunction with the marketing department in addition to comms colleagues in other regions, and who is passionate about the ever-changing media landscape, we well as with a love for arts and culture.
The individual will find themselves part of a committed and hard working team, who daily will have the opportunity to witness the very special works of art and pieces which Christie’s stewards on behalf of their consignors and future buyers.
- Media and communications strategy and delivery for departments within Christie’s business as assigned
- Responsibility for Christie’s Late’s media management and idea generation, working with the wider communications team
- Creative communications ideas generation across categories with particular focus on digital and social
- Support of the wider EMEA communications team during evening sales and other business areas as designated
- Development and implementation of media strategy for respective departments and projects, to include Luxury, Antiquities, Books & Manuscripts, Science & Nature
- Development and nurturing of relationships with individual specialist departments, marketing and content, ensuring good communication and teamwork to help the successful implementation of sale-related promotion.
- Maintenance of pro-active, ongoing repertoire with journalists, correspondents, picture desks and other relevant external contacts crucial to the success of implementing pro-active media strategies.
- Social / digital / creative collaboration ideas would be sought, with ability to deliver on those identified to follow through on
- Delivery of profile opps for key senior executives
- Implementation of reactive risk management communications work for departments and issues as necessary
- Flexibility in ways of working and adapting to changing media landscape
- An engaging and enthusiastic communicator
- Strong creative writing skills
- Boundless ideas generation
- Experience of working with influencers and tastemakers
- The ability to manage stakeholders and not be afraid to challenge their thinking
- Excel and usual office desktop packages
- Design capabilities a bonus, to include Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator or equivalent
- European languages helpful
Closing Date: 6/11/2023
Full job listing: https://christies.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/Christies_Careers/job/London/Communications-Manager-EMEA_JR00010790
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.
And for those just getting started…
LCC is committed to working with young people looking to work in the luxury sector.
If you are a luxury company looking for post graduate interns, kindly get in touch to get in touch to hear about the forthcoming placement programme.
We also have a running programme at LCC to work directly with the Founder.